In contemplation of the infinite...

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Back to the grind!

Good morning, my avid little blog-fans.I've been back in Liverpool for a week, and have spent it with a fever of 102.6 degrees, going through Kleenex as if it was out of style. And as a parting gift, I mutated my foul disease and passed it on to poor darling Jon, who is now in a similar state. Fear not, Sunshine fans - I shall prevail! It takes more than a mere cold, cough, fever, and three frostbitten toes that no longer bend to vanquish my mightiness!

However, on to other topics! My holidays were filled with parties, seeing friends and family and hanging out with Jon. I ate much, frolicked more, and enjoyed the fine Canadian weather:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That is the view from my car as I trundled around to see friends and such. TWO FEET of snow fell overnight, and the resulting snowy wonderland stayed until it was time to go home. I would have hailed the snow with more delight if it hadn't come with a balmy -14 degree temperature...especially since I have been insisting up and down to my Liverpudlian international student brethren that Vancouver simply didn't get cold. Lies, all lies.

Christmas dinner was at my Auntie Carol's house, and was delectable. I consumed far too much and almost was able to create a whole new person from how much I ate. Mom and Auntie C are below as we slogged through the post-dinner dishes:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

New Year's was spent at a teeny little Irish pub called The Trap and Gill, with a hodge podge of my friends and Jon's. His friend Brett got a wee bit tipsy (multiple sheets to the wind, to be precise) and this culminated in a loud, drunken proposal of marriage, to my surprise and Jon's amused indignation. It was funny stuff. Here are Jon and I after turning down Brett's generous offer and once we'd gotten over the shock:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here are my friends Paul and Ronna, getting their five minutes of Blog Fame (a rare creature that many spend their lives striving to acheive). I know that Ronna will adore me for posting her as part of my blog, and I expect an email full of delight when she sees herself. (Paul, being the International Man of Mystery, accepts these accolades with aplomb. This is because he will be Prime Minister one day and is saving me a post in the Education Ministry).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As a final festive thought, I bonded with a Storm Trooper, and he wanted to say hi to my electronic circle.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Stormy and I wish you a happy and adventuresome 2007!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:30 a.m., Blogger My5flutterbies said…

    Well, I guess its pay back for the many pics of you I blog. lol. That was a fun night... Sorry my kiddos made you sick.

     
  • At 4:11 p.m., Blogger My5flutterbies said…

    Had to leave another comment. I showed Aiden and he said, "Aunty Sunshine and look mom a monster mom, aunty Sunshine and a monster mom, look." LOL Had to share.

     
  • At 2:18 a.m., Blogger Sunshine said…

    That's my boy - I'm so proud!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home