In contemplation of the infinite...

Friday, June 15, 2007

Lord of the Flies!

So here we are in Romania, about to leave for Hungary and Budapestian delights on the night train in four hours.

First, a flashback to several months ago. I had just received a package from Jon, with candy and a letter and lots of warm fuzzy things...and another tiny packet addressed to Flavio, my stuffed attack frog that he'd given me for Valentine's Day. Sitting on my bed, I poured the contents into my hand, and looked down. Instantly, I shrieked at the top of my lungs and the flies lying in my palm went flying across the room and I had the biggest, girliest fit ever. Jon got no end of delight from this and I vowed revenge. First, though, I had to wait until he was lulled into a false sense of security and thought I'd forgotten.

Now, we return to the near present, and the seven hour train between Varna and Bucharest. Jon and I were cuddled up against the window, looking nauseatingly adorable. I leaned over and said innocently, "Wow, hon, your lips are really chapped."

Falling right into my evil plan, he assented that the heat was making them dry, and I graciously offered him some lip balm. With one hand firmly in my grip, I smeared it across his lips, and then pulled the other arm around me to hold his other hand. And then, with the sweetest smile imaginable, I murmured, "Babe, remember the flies?"

At this point, he screwed up nose and made the most horrified face imaginable. "Woman, what have you done to my face?"

My face was beatific. "Teething gel. For babies. It freezes your lips and gums." It also tastes awful. Sadly, the active ingredient in England is lower than the amount in Canada, so it didn't have quite the effect I wanted, but it was definitely a shining moment of our trip.

So for those of you who do not know, I am like an elephant. No, I'm not grey, nor do I come with wrinkled skin, a tail or a trunk..but I never forget!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heh. You're evil sometimes.

    But its all part of your charm :)

     
  • At 12:19 p.m., Blogger Sunshine said…

    It was one of those moments where a picture would have been worth a thousand words ;) Besides, he started it!

     
  • At 10:51 p.m., Blogger My5flutterbies said…

    Oh I am so proud at this moment. Way to go Sunshine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home